Debugging functions that use other function’s return values as their arguments just go a whole lot easier with Visual Studio 2013.
Check out this incredibly useful summary of the four most relevant return values after stepping over the code the breakpoint is on:
- No more stepping into the function just to see what its arguments were
- No more wishing you had stepped into the function
- No more drilling down by hand in the locals window
- No more copying and pasting into the watch window
- No more getting exceptions thrown for re-calling methods with side-effects from the immediate window
This, my friends, is progress! This changes everything.